Shiny Shiny

    I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'm really, really OCD about nails.  I was determined to let my bubbly manicure from yesterday live itself out because my nails are pathetically weak and wearing polish takes a toll on them, but...I failed.  I picked up a new topcoat today and redid my nails with OPI's Cajun Shrimp, and I have to say, I'm a happy camper.  (My roommate says the blog has been an 'explosion of nail polish' this week.  Which may be true, but she did just sent me 3 polishes, so let's all blame her.)


    Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, $4.99 at drugstore.com: I spent like 5 minutes trying to get a picture of how shiny my nails are, and I totally failed, but take my word for it, they are SHINY.  This topcoat really reminds me of Seche Vite.  It's a little thinner and maybe a teensy, tiny bit less shiny, but they both dry to the touch in literally minutes.  10 minutes after I did my nails I did laundry and chopped up a salad for dinner.  No problemo.  My favorite thing about this topcoat, however, is that when I got sheet marks on one nail about five minutes in (my own darn fault), I was able to smooth/smudge the sheet marks out and have everything look perfect again.  It was the same way with Seche Vite, but with my OPI topcoat it would have been a giant hurricane of disaster if I tried that.


    I think this is a great, cheap dupe for Seche Vite, and since it's a bit thinner, maybe it won't goop up as much.  My next mission: try CND Stickey as a base coat, recommended by one of my lovely commenters, Sara.  Does anyone know where I can get CND in store, or do I have to pony up for shipping?


    Image Sources:
    Sally Hansen topcoat: drugstore.com.

Post Title

Shiny Shiny


Post URL

https://harahuruhairstyle.blogspot.com/2010/07/shiny-shiny.html


Visit Harahuru Hairstyle for Daily Updated Harahuru Hairstyle

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive